Monday, November 7, 2011

Reading... on a STICK!

Here is a really handy thing I  L-O-V-E having at my finger tips-- Reading Questions on a Stick!  Coming from upper grades where we are really targeting state standardized testing and formatting questions appropriately, I am always trying to expose my students to the types of questions they will see/hear, even my current second graders.

These reading questions can be used with any types of literature, fiction or non-fiction, of course, some questions just work better with one type of literature over another, except for the reading foundations questions.  To use, I print each strand of questions on a different color of cardstock, then put on a ring and carry them with me to have reading questions at hand when meeting with students for guided reading groups or conferences.

To access the Reading Questions on a Stick, click here

Happy Teaching,

No comments:

Post a Comment